Friday, July 4, 2008

I wasn't finished yet..anyway..we just got back from my sister's in Ohio.....see my beautiful nephews?!! We had a fabulous time! And we are leaving again soon for Charleston, SC to be with Dear Mom. In between all of that, Dalton has gotten his first car! Do you remember YOUR first car? I sure do! More importantly, I remember what it represented to me! FREEDOM!!!!! I was in such a hurry to grow up and get the heck out! Speaking of getting out....I hope you are getting out today and having fun with family or friends or both! We are. I was feeling so kind and generous that I thought I would share a recipe with you all. KEY LIME PIE is one of our fav's and it is fab for summer! Don't forget what today is really about ....and the men and women who fight for our country every day. I am so thankful I live in the Good Ole USA!

KEY LIME PIE

1- Graham Cracker Crust
1- 6 ounce can of frozen limeade
1- cup of heavy whipping cream
1- can of sweetened condensed milk
the zest of one lime

Mix the limeade, heavy whipping cream and the sweetened condensed milk until soft peaks from with mixer. Pour in crust and top with the zest of one lime. Excellent for summer!

No comments: