Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Friends

Okay...this is for all of you who said....."You never post to your blog anymore! When you gonna write a new post?" Here it is. Let it be known that my dear husband is vacuuming the floors so that I can take this time to write to all of my fans! (check and see for yourself how many followers I have! I am personally astounded!)

Anyway, this posting is about friends. Gotta love em! Are you a good one? Are you a giving friend or a taking friend? Do others know if you mean something to them? Do you limit your time around people who seem to suck all of the life energy out of you? Do you have "safe boundaries?" Do you have a BFF? Does she know it? Does she feel the same way? I guess these are all questions I am asking YOU because I have had to ask myself these VERY same questions lately. I try very hard to be a good friend. The Lord has brought some wonderful women into my life and for that I am thankful! I have some of the best spiritual mentors anyone could ever ask for! What do you LOOK for in a friend? Do you possess that quality yourself? Trust is HUGE to me. Someone very near and dear broke that trust recently and it has been devastating to say the least! Be Trustworthy. That is such a huge and important thing in relationships today. In this "disposable" society that we have created, we really need to rethink how we treat our friends! People are not disposable and the things we say can build up or tear down. Which are you going to do today? Be a good friend. Think before you speak. I am working on these things as well. We are all in this together! Be blessed and be a blessing to others-

1 comment:

The Peacock Pearl said...

friendships are definitely a tough subject. i have so many conflicting thoughts coming up right now (that i didn't expect) i can't even think how to comment.
at least i can say thanks for sparking my brain and heart. :)