Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Yea!!! Summer Break is here! I hope this finds you sleeping in and enjoying the hot, lazy "dog days" of summer with your family. Anna Grace and I made blueberry pancakes with all the fixin's this morning! She loves to cook and when Daddy and Dalton are gone, we do whatever we want in the kitchen! (We tend to be more traditional when they are here.) But hey, when they are gone, when can have ice cream for supper, can't we? Then, as we started to clean up the dishes, it remeinded me of all we had ahead of us today. I need to get ready so we can head to Home Depot and get the paint for the kids bathroom, Dalton's room, and Tom's office. Then I wanted to go to Tues. Morning that just opened here and look for a new shower curtain. I need to go to the grocery, get gas in my car, geez, that will not be pretty, :( Anna and I both need a trim. In all of this busyness, it reminded me of something I had saved from a Kindergarden Graduation ceremony.

Just for this morning, I am going to smile when I see your face and laugh when I feel like crying.

Just for this morning, I will let you choose what you want to wear, and smile and say how perfect it is.

Just for this morning, I am going to step over the laundry, and pick you up and take you to the park and play.

Just for this morning, I will leave the dishes in the sink, and let you teach me me how to play that new game of yours.

Just for this afternnon, I will unplug the telephone and keep the computer off, and sit with you in the backyard and blow bubbles.

Just for this afternoon, I will not yell once, not even a tiny grumble when you scream and whine for the ice cream truck, and I will buy you one when he comes by.

Just for this afternoon, I will not worry about what you are going to be whe you grow up, and second guess every decision I have made where you are concerned.

Just for this afternoon, I will let you help me bake cookies, and I won't stand over you trying to fix them!

Just for this afternnon, I will take us to McDonald's and buys us both Happy Mealsso that you can have both of the toys.

Just for this evening, I will hold you in my arms and tell you a story about the how you were born and how much I love you.

Just for this evening, I will let you splash in the tub and not get angry when it gets all over the walls.

Just for this evening, I will let you stay up late and we will sit on the porch and count all of the stars.

Just for this evening, I will snuggle beside you for hours, and miss all of my favorite TV shows.

Just for this evening, when I run my fingers through you hair as you say your prayers, I will simply be grateful that God has given me the greatest gift ever given. I will think about the mothers and fathers who are searching for their missing children, the mothers and fathers who are visiting their children graves, instead of their bedrooms, and the mothers and fathers who are in hospital rooms watching their children suffer senselessly, and screaming inside that they can;t handle it anymore.

And when I kiss you good night I will hold you a little longer and a little tighter, and then a little bit more.

It is then that I will thank God for you and ask him for nothing except one more day............

Author Unknown

2 comments:

Faux Sweets said...

This made my day!

Love you,
Becca

Lisa Lowrey said...

Hey Girlie!!
We have got to get our girls together. I'm so excited about your blog. Thanks for including me!! I'm waiting on those great recipes you are planning to post!!

Lisa