Friday, August 15, 2008

The Doctor said...

Okay- here is what I found out. The Ortho Doc. confirmed what the MRI showed. I have Degenerative Disc Disease and a bulging disc. The good news is 70 % of the people with this problem are greatly helped by physical therapy and meds. (anti-inflammatory drugs-not narcotics!) So- I guess I am going to have to exercise after all! Those of you who know me well know how much I LOVE to exercise!
I have been VERY emotional about this whole thing. You cannot enjoy the life God has given you if you are in constant pain. You find yourself thinking of it all the time because it is always there. I look forward to finding some relief from this, this thing that holds me down. Thank you for your prayers, phone calls and encouragement. It TRULY means more than you will ever know.

"Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us ENCOURAGE
one another- and all the more as you see the Day approaching." Hebrews 10:25

2 comments:

Heather aka "Hay Hay" said...

it will get better and I will go walking with you whenever you want me to ..... good time to chat :)

KatBouska said...

Ohhhh. Sometimes I think about things like that, you know, when I have a migraine I think about how there are people who deal with those daily.

My Grandma had arthritis and when I have pain in my joints I wonder HOW people who live in pain can possibly function. You can't turn it OFF.

I'm SOOOOO praying that things get better for you...or that you find some really really really strong drugs.

So sorry!! :(