Monday, August 18, 2008

Today was Monday all day long........

Well wouldn't you know it? I got a phone call to sub at Anna's school. Normally, does anything EVER happen NORMAL around here?!? that would be great, except.......Dalton has been gone since Friday night, Tom left right after church on Sunday afternoon and my back was killing me. I. Mean. Killling. Me. But, not wanting to let that opportunity pass me by...I did it. They were Hillarious!!!! I went from class to class because the Insurance man was there trying to get everyone to up the anty on their insurance. I watched the classroom for the teacher while she went to check on her school benefits. Oh the Joy! The Kindergarten class was so adorable on their nap mats with their lullaby CD playing. The First graders loved reading the book, "Ruby the Copycat!" and they loved telling me who they like to copy! (for the record- it was mostly their big brothers and sisters) The second graders were reading and having center time and some were writing their spelling words. Can I just say they were one of the busiest bunches I saw all day long. They really know how to "Get 'er done!" The third and fourth graders were working on social studies and math, and covered quite a lot of territory today! I was impressed at their level of enthusiasm for learning. I did not see the fifth graders, but let me assure you- THEY ARE THE TOP DOGS ON CAMPUS- in case any of you were wondering... and we will NEVER be as cool as they are.....I am sure they were doing something very important. I came home to find that my first appointment for physical therapy is tomorrow at 10:30 and I could not be happier. I will sleep good tonight.
Oh- and Dalton got home at 2:50 a.m. and I woke him for school at 6 a.m. for school. He got home at 3:30 p.m. and has been asleep ever since. He will eat the whole house when he wakes up. He sure does love Music City Legends.

1 comment:

KatBouska said...

Sounds like fun, but how did your back hold up??

And how was your first day of therapy!?!

And have you written anymore rad poems!?! Your Brice the Lice poem had me cracking up...perhaps you should share it next time you're in the classroom!