Monday, August 11, 2008

First Day of School!














Do you remember your first day of school? Each year, the excitement builds as you pick out the new shoes and clothes, the new school supplies, the backpack, the new lunchbox! (I still remember my two favorite lunchboxes! Holly Hobby and the little red one from Tupperware!) You wonder whose class you will be in and what friends you will see from last year. There is nothing quite like the smell of a box of new crayons or freshly sharpened pencils. The bright, white notebook paper begs you to write upon it, all the while you sit and wonder who you will sit beside for lunch or who you will play with at recess. Yep. Those were the days. Or were they? Some days were good, others, not so much. Some days, you were the "Star Student," other days you felt as if you disappeared (or wished you could) into thin air. I find myself praying so hard during the school day for my children. I pray that they will MAKE the right kind of friends and BE the right kind of friend. I pray for their safety. I pray for a positive learning environment. I pray for their protection. I pray for their teachers. I pray that they find favor with both their peers and their teachers and all of those that God has placed in authority over them. I pray for their minds to be open to learning all that God has for them. I pray that they would be kind and sensitive to others, remembering that we get what we give. I pray for Godly Teachers and role models in their lives because these people are with them a large majority of their day.

Yes- as we begin another school year, I am reminded that we have them at home for such a short time. They really do grow up fast! Here are pics I took on the first day of school! Dalton going into 10th and Anna into 4th!

No comments: